For this Valentine’s Day, why not learn to give yourself and/or your loved one a face massage? Self care moments can be wonderfully nourishing and they don’t have to take a huge amount of time or money. Facial massage is a perfect addition to your pampering or anti-aging or skincare routine.
* Improving blood circulation: Facial massage can increase blood flow to the skin, which can help to bring oxygen and nutrients to the cells, giving the skin a healthy glow.
* Tightening and toning the skin: Massaging the facial muscles can help to tone and firm the support structure of the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
* Reducing puffiness: Facial massage can help to drain lymphatic fluids, which can reduce puffiness in the face.
* Enhancing product absorption: Massaging the skin can help to improve the absorption of skincare products, making them more effective.
* Cleanse your face to remove makeup and any dirt. Apply a serum like the Bluelene multi-tasking Serum Plus+ or a rich moisturizer to your face to help the massage glide smoothly.
* Start with your neck and jawline, using upward strokes with your fingers to massage the skin. Or roll all your fingers into fists, put them underneath your chin and slide them upwards in a slow yet firm motion - at least five times for each facial area. Release both of your thumbs and place them beside your jawline. Move to your cheeks, using circular motions to massage the skin. Use upward strokes to massage your forehead and use your middle finger to tap gently around your eyes. Finish by massaging your nose and mouth, using circular motions to massage the skin. Apply your day or night cream.
* It is important to be gentle when massaging the face, especially the delicate skin around your eyes. Use light to medium pressure and avoid tugging or pulling on the skin. Be mindful of any discomfort while massaging; if there is any discomfort, stop the massage.
* Facial rollers: These tools typically have a larger roller for the cheeks and a smaller roller for the eyes and forehead. They are used to massage the face and promote circulation.
* Gua sha tools: These flat, scraping tools are used to massage the face and promote lymphatic drainage. Often used in Chinese medicine to address energy balancing and inflammation.
* LED light and micro current devices: Create heat and vibration, which increases microcirculation; LED wavelengths penetrate the skin to enhance cell metabolism and aid skincare product absorption.
It takes only about five minutes a day to treat yourself to a relaxing facial massage. Pair this with your favorite skincare routine to keep skin healthy and glowing.
If you’re looking for an effective Skincare brand that can truly target your anti-aging skin concerns, consider Bluelene. It is packed with clinically proven supercharged antioxidant Methylene Blue that hydrates your skin, reduces fine lines/ wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. With regular use, you can expect your skin cells to double collagen and elastin production after just two weeks.
Pamper yourself with Methylene Blue skincare products to attain healthier and younger-looking skin.